We’re continuing the countdown to 2017 with another fun New Year’s post. As all of you wonderful engaged couples enter into next year, you’re probably considering some resolutions to make to your entrance into married life the best it can possibly be. We’re behind this idea one hundred percent!
Want to make sure you’ve thought of every good resolution? Here are five you’ll want to confirm are on your list:
1. I will stick to my budget. There is no bigger stressor on an engaged couple than blowing a wedding budget. There’s no need to enter married life in debt. Set your budget early on and stick to it. Nothing is so important that it should require otherwise.
2. I will spend at least as much time with my future spouse as I do on my wedding planning. Your engagement is a time where you should be celebrating your love for each other. Wedding planning can be time-intensive and stressful, which means you need to take extra care to make time together that doesn’t involve the planning.
3. I will ignore outside pressure and do what makes me happy. It’s pretty much unavoidable. You’re going to be pressured from outside sources (whether it’s social media, family, friends, etc.) to do things for your wedding that you might not want to do. Remember that you’re planning your wedding, so do what makes you happy.
4. I will enjoy every moment of my engagement. Don’t let the stress of wedding planning take away from the excitement of being engaged. This is a brief time in your life that you need to remember to stop and enjoy as much as you can before the big day.
5. I will remember to keep things in perspective. The key to remaining calm and collected during your wedding planning and on the wedding day is to keep everything in perspective. While your wedding is one of the most important moments of your life, it’s what your wedding represents that’s important. It’s about the two of you beginning your life together, not how the napkins were folded, how well you danced, or who gave the reception toasts. Don’t worry about the small stuff so you can enjoy every moment together.
What do you think of our New Year’s resolutions? Weigh in by leaving a comment!