It’s easy to get wrapped up in chatting with guests, running around for photos, taking care of others instead of letting them take care of you, worrying that everything needs to be perfect (which, it already is!), etc.. so take a minute during your reception and make sure you don’t forget these things:
- Spend time with your hubby! Sounds simple, but you’d be surprised how many couples spend the reception across the room from each other.
- Look around, notice the decor that you spent so long planning, the ambiance, the lighting, the people talking.. take it all in!
- Eat. that awesome dinner – have some!
- Dance. HAVE FUN!
- Bring comfy shoes or ditch them all together! (nobody sees the fancy ones under your dress, anyway)
- Say ‘thank you’. Thank your parents and bridal party. It’s easy to assume that it is done, but take the extra minute to make it slightly a big deal!