Oh, and boys please note — you MUST always hire a photographer for the proposal. How else will we get to remember the special moment?
Photo: Caity Eline
Many people love surprises, and engagements usually begin with a proposal that one member of the couple doesn’t expect. But what if you want to schedule a surprise proposal that will stand out as one of the most spectacular moments of your future spouse’s life? Do you think you could make that happen?
We do. With a little and Q&A from our local experts of “friendors.”
1.You will want to have a partner in crime to help hash out your ideas and execute everything on the day. You’ll be otherwise occupied!
Photo: Southeastern Charm
2. As you begin planning the proposal, think about the type of event you want. Something intimate with just the two of you, or something involving your family and friends, for example. This will help guide the planning process.
3. If you’re on a tight budget, consider what is most important to your proposal: an excellent photographer to capture the moment? Beautiful proposal space to enhance the photos? Once you’ve narrowed it down, put your focus on those elements.
Photo: Team Ropes Course
4. I can 100% promise you that you will not remember what was said. Hire a videographer! All of our couples joke and say, “I’m not even sure she said yes… it’s a blur!” By hiring a videographer, you’ll capture your future spouse’s response for all time.
5. When hiring a photographer, make sure to ask when you can expect a few sample photos. This can be a great way to share your story with your friends and family, so you’ll want a fairly quick turnaround on these.
Photo: Caressa Rogers Photography
6. Don’t be afraid to ask for help. Do not for one second think you have to plan on your own! There are many planning companies that can step in and begin brainstorming with you.
Oh, and we decided to throw in these amazing 6 rules for getting engaged…just in case you want to send it along to someone special. Know what I mean?